We just love Elm City Market’s new Facebook cover photo.
It shares an important aspect of natural retailing: people.
The New Haven, Conn., store lays it out right there at the top of its Facebook page. It’s all about customers, employees, the co-op’s members and local vendors. That's a story worth telling. And, you know what they say, "A picture's worth a thousand words."
The cover photos below show how others have focused on one photo showing store staff and owners.
How to create your own cover
Go ahead and change yours from time to time. Here’s how:
First, some image tips you need to know:
- Cover photos are 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall. If you upload a smaller image, it will be stretched to fit. The cover image must be at least 720 pixels.
- For faster loading times, make your image less than 100 kilobytes. If you are adding text and it looks fuzzy, try a PNG rather than a JPEG.
Next, make sure you have a cover.
- While on your page, click the “add a cover” button that will appear in the blue area at the top of the page.
- Choose to either upload a new photo or pick one from an existing photo album (you can reposition it).
- Click "save."
Then, edit your cover photo:
- Go to your timeline.
- Hover over your cover photo.
- Click the “change cover” button that will hover on the bottom right of your existing cover photo.
- Then select “choose from photos” or “upload photo.”
- Save your changes.