Todd Pauli, partner, Strategic Marketing, The Shelton Group, will be moderating a panel discussion on the timely topic of Telling the Transparency Story: Building Supplement Consumer Confidence on Thursday, March 5, 10:30 to 11:45 a.m. An educational component of the Engredea trade show, this session will be held Anaheim Marriott Orange County ballroom 3/4, and will feature a number of notable industry experts.
Consumers are paying closer attention to transparency and the purity of ingredients; retailers are being trained on how to examine labels and ask questions about transparency; and suppliers take steps to insure their ingredients are “clean,” but are they conveying this message down the supply chain? In light of recent events, this is a particularly timely topic to explore.
Ingredient manufacturers, product formulators, and marketers need to consider the stories behind their ingredients, choosing ingredients with transparency in mind. Transparency and clean label practice means translating the commitment to science and testing into retail and consumer education directly. Telling the story Supply to Shelf is the key to improving consumer confidence and retaining market share.
Session speakers include:
- Moderator, Todd Pauli, marketing partner, The Shelton Group
- Lauren Clardy, founder and CEO, Nutrimarketing,
- Weigo Zhang, president and CEO, Synutra Pure
- Shaheen Majeed, marketing director, Sabinsa Corp.
- Aaron Secrist, director of quality and R&D, NOW Foods
- Elan Sudberg, CEO, Alkemist Labs
Product developers and Ingredient supplier attendees will learn:
- Why a strong partnership between science and marketing is crucial.
- How close collaboration from the start ensures the science meets regulatory guidelines for marketing supplements, addresses issues consumers care about.
- Communication tactics that will successfully reach the consumer audience.
- Considering clean label ingredient stories when vetting products on the Engredea show floor.
This comprehensive panel will encompass marketing experts Pauli and Clardy addressing strategy and message; Ingredient manufacturers Majeed and Zhang addressing adulteration, branded ingredients, and commitment to science and education; Secrist and Sudberg will discuss product testing, QA/QC validation, purity and safety.