Specialty retailer Fresh Thyme Farmers Market has contracted with delivery service Shipt to offer same-day deliveries to customers in more than 30 Midwestern metropolitan areas.
"We are thrilled to announce our partnership with Shipt," said Ramesh Reddy, Chief Information Officer of Fresh Thyme Farmers Market. "Their delivery solution provides a convenience—one our customers are looking for in their shopping experience." Delivery of groceries, as well as restaurants, increased during the height of the coronavirus pandemic, The Wall Street Journal reported in June.
Delivery will be offered in select cities in 11 states:
- Chicago and Normal, Illinois.
- Bloomington, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Lafayette, Muncie and South Bend, Indiana.
- Des Moines and the Quad Cities, Iowa.
- Lexington and Louisville, Kentucky.
- Detroit, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and Lansing, Michigan, where beer and wine will also be available for delivery to consumers 21 or older.
- Minneapolis and Rochester, Minnesota.
- St. Louis, Missouri.
- Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska.
- Akron/Canton, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton and Toledo, Ohio.
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Green Bay and Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
New Shipt customers receive a discounted annual membership if they sign up before July 11, or customers can pay a one-time fee for each delivery.
"Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is a staple for healthy, convenient and budget friendly living," said Joe Manning, chief business officer of Shipt. "Partnering with Fresh Thyme Farmers Market gives us the opportunity to provide an additional layer of ease by bringing fresh and healthy goods to members across the Midwest."
The partnership with Fresh Thyme Farmers Market offers Shipt members the opportunity to purchase foods for vegan, paleo, keto, vegetarian or wheat- and gluten-free diets. Fresh Thyme Farmers Market offers foods that are free from artificial colors, flavors and preservatives.