“Obesity is a wakeup call. It is the next to tobacco issue of our lifetime,” says Mary Schmidl, PhD., Dept of Food Science & Nutrition, University of Minnesota.
Schmidl says it is time to stop blaming and find a solution. What is the solution?
1. Health insurance discounts for people who are in shape or on their way
2. Corporate sponsored organized fitness groups
3. Portion control emphasis
4. Dietary supplements for micronutrients
5. High-quality protein equals satiety
6. High fibre
7. 100% DRI vitamins
8. Credible health claims for foods and supplements