KeHE announced today their newest generation of CAREtrade® Partners.
The CAREtrade® initiative, founded in 2017, identifies and promotes a set of brands that advance a higher purpose than commercial success and is aligned with KeHE’s dedication to serve.
Not only do these brands create good food, they’re also passionate about being good to people, the environment, and have a service-minded vision for the future, too.
- Bhakti means “devotion through social action,” and the company is devoted to giving back on a global scale. Guided by their philanthropic platform of: GITA (give, inspire, and take action), Bhakti’s social mission is to make a real impact in the world and be a voice for those who need it most. And, just as cardamom is steeped into all of Bhakti’s iced chai tea products, charitable works are deeply infused into the way they do business.
- This Bar Saves Lives is on a mission to end childhood malnutrition worldwide through a simple giving model – sell the best snacks to give the best life-saving nutrition. For each bar sold, they give food aid to a child in need in a one-for-one model, equaling over 10 million life-saving food packets to date. This Bar Saves Lives’ bars also have unique flavor profiles like PB & J and Wild Blueberry & Pistachio that are non-GMO Project verified, gluten-free, and kosher.
- NuttZo uses the sales dollars from their seed and nut-based butters and bars to power the work of its real mission, Project Left Behind. The non-profit focuses on providing education and living essentials to orphans around the world. Since its inception, NuttZo has donated more than $100,000 to Project Left Behind to provide food, medical needs, supplies and tuition to more than 200 kids in children’s homes across Peru, Nepal, and India.
- World Centric has donated more than $3 million dollars from the sales of their 100% compostable tableware including cups, plates, silverware, and more since 2009. They aim to raise awareness of large-scale humanitarian and environmental issues by donating, at a minimum, 25% of their profits to grassroots social and environmental organizations annually, with a vision to be of service to the plant and the people. Their hope to not only provide assistance but to help create systems change at the root of the issues for lasting change.
- The Soulfull Project was born out of a passion to locally serve those in need. Each purchase of their hot cereals, the Soulfull Project donates a serving to a local food bank in the region of purchase, keeping it local. They hope to deliver nourishing, wholesome food to all Americans and to build healthier communities amongst the underserved. The Soulfull Project’s cereals come in bags, multipacks, and single serve cups that are vegan and Non-GMO Project verified. They are also a Certified B Corporation.
- This new group of brands joins KeHE’s 2018 partners Dignity Coconuts, Tony’s Chocolonely, Mavuno Harvest, Tanka, and The Real Co., who will continue in the program and will serve as mentors to the new member organizations.
The 2017 inaugural CAREtrade® partners Divine Chocolate, Growers Alliance Coffee, Kuli Kuli, Sunshine Nut Company and Women’s Bean Project will graduate from the program at the end of this year.