Consumers are waking up to what’s in their food and where and how it is made. Innovations throughout the supply chain are disrupting even the most modern of food inventions and enabling companies to unravel much of what has been done to food over the last 75 years. Transparency, big data, the rise of social entrepreneurship and a new social awareness of health are creating a new landscape for suppliers, manufacturers, brands, retailers and investors. Welcome to the Esca Bona Story Stage at Natural Products Expo West 2018. We’ve got a spot for you. You can't miss it.
1. You'll hear inspiring stories from people who are pioneering big changes in our food system.
Esca Bona remains a hub for collaboration, connection and partnership. Trendsetting entrepreneurs and visionary business leaders from across the supply chain will come together to amplify the positive changes happening in food.
2. You’ll leave empowered.
What we consume each day plays a powerful role in who we are. At our daily tables, we hold beliefs, passions, assumptions, preferences and stories. Join us as we examine food on a new level, together, to find deeper meaning and strengthen community, trust and compassion. With the help of thought leaders, we’ll explore how the role of social entrepreneurship, tackling food waste, creating good jobs, supporting regenerative agriculture and addressing poverty will pave the way for a better food future for all.
We've gathered a fantastic lineup of speakers to share their stories. To name a few:
- Mark Rampolla (Powerplant Ventures) will share the value of social entrepreneurship and how impact business can (and does) thrive.
- Patrick Bultema (FoodMaven) will share groundbreaking systems that impact food waste at scale.
- Denis Ring and Scott Kucirek (OCHO Candy) will showcase the intrinsic link between good food, good jobs and thriving communities.
- Judith Ackerman (Metro Caring) will share how a Denver-based nonprofit organization is sustaining a business model that addresses hunger at its root.
There's much more in store. See the full schedule here.
3. You’ll feel at home.
Whether you’ve attended an Esca Bona conference in the past or not, you will be welcomed within this growing and vibrant community—we can't wait to meet you! Esca Bona is not your average “sit and get” conference program during which only the speakers do the talking and your only job is to listen. It is our hope that you build relationships and ideas together that extend far beyond Anaheim (and continue in Austin in October).
4. Rose. Marcario.
From 2:00-2:30 p.m. at the Esca Bona Story Stage, Rose Marcario, CEO of Patagonia, will take the stage as our keynote speaker. Patagonia is leading the pack for what is means to do good business at scale. You won't want to miss this.
5. You'll catch some sunshine at a brand new stage at Expo West.
What sounds better than sitting outside on a Saturday afternoon at Expo West, listening to stories from food renegades and fellow distruptors?
Can we count you in?
What: Esca Bona Story Stage (Sponsored by 301 Inc.)
When: 12:30-2:30 p.m., Saturday, March 10, 2018
NEW LOCATION: Marriott, Marquis Ballroom Central