Seven Bay Area natural foods companies are preparing to compete in the fourth annual Naturally Bay Area Pitch Slam for a chance to win prizes valued at thousands of dollars.
The Pitch Slam, scheduled for noon Pacific Time on Thursday, July 28, will be virtual, hosted on Zoom. The seven entrepreneurs are vying for a chance to win $5,000 cash, a booth at Natural Products Expo West and an incredible amount of publicity and visibility. Last year's Naturally Bay Area Pitch Slam winner was Aura Bora, which uses upcycled vegetables to create a variety of functional broths, beverages and botanicals.
Tickets, which are free for Naturally Bay Area members, are available here. Membership costs $75; tickets for nonmembers are $35.
Naturally Bay Area Pitch Slam announced the semi-finalists on Tuesday:
- Biotic Ferments—A family-owned probiotic beverage brand, based in Petaluma, California.
- Current Foods—This innovative company manufactures seafood made from plants. It's based in San Francisco, California.
- G's Dry Hard Ginger Beer—Using organic ingredients, this hard beverage is plant-based and free of gluten, added sugar and artificial ingredients. G's is based in St. Helena, California.
- Happy Moose—These cold-pressed wellness shots feature immune-boosting superfoods and powerful herbs. The brand is based in San Francisco, California.
- Ting's—Founder Tiffany Wang discovered jackfruit chips in Southeast Asia and became obsessed. This woman-owned business is based in San Francisco, California.
- Twrl Milk Tea—Plant-based Twrl Milk Tea was a finalist for Best New Beverage in the 2022 NEXTY Awards for Natural Products Expo West. The non-dairy, nitro-infused, organic and fair-trade tea uses pea milk is available in three flavors. Twril is based in San Francisco, California.
- Zeek Bar—These kids' protein bars come in two flavors; both have 8 grams of sugar and 50% less sugar than the leading bar.
Naturally Bay Area, which incorporated in 2018, is a nonprofit dedicated to supporting the natural products community in Northern California.