CHICAGO, IL – SourceOne™ Global Partners has announced that the peer-reviewed journal, Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, has published the results of a study involving 120 subjects that demonstrated the heart healthy benefits of Sytrinol®, a patented proprietary formula derived from PMFsource™ Citrus Bioflavonoids and TocoSource™ Palm Tocotrienols. The paper, “Effect of citrus flavonoids and tocotrienols on serum cholesterol levels in hypercholesterolemic subjects,” has been published in the November/December, 2007, issue, Volume 13, No. 6.
“These are most compelling results for this proprietary combination,” said James Roza, lead author of the study and Vice President of Science and Technology for SourceOne. “This 12-week double-blind, placebo-controlled protocol resulted in significant improvements in total cholesterol (-30%), LDL (-27%), and triglycerides (-34%), compared to placebo. In addition, HDL levels increased 4%, resulting in a significant 29% improvement in the LDL:HDL ratio.”
The results are illustrated in Figure 1.
Study co-author Dr. Zheng-Xian Liu, author of more than 60 papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals, said, “What is most impressive about these results is that there is no other natural product available that delivers the multiple benefits this combination provides. The ratio of Total Cholesterol:HDL is reported to be the most specific lipid risk factor for Cardiovascular Disease. The ratio of LDL:HDL is of equal importance. As this study has demonstrated, the combination of PMFsource and TocoSource significantly improved these ratios by 21% and 29%, respectively.”
Dr. Liu continued, “Consider the supporting science for other natural product options, for example, in a four-week study with 16 subjects, the only known study with plant sterols in capsules, recently reported modest results in the Total Cholesterol:HDL and LDL:HDL ratios improving 8% and 10%, respectively. The LDL cholesterol reduction in this study was marginal at 4%.”
Adding to this, only 20% of all cholesterol problems are related to the intake of food, the area of activity for plant sterols. The other 80% is related to the body’s own cholesterol production -- this is where PMFsource and TocoSource have proven in studies to be highly effective.
“The repeatability of the results demonstrated in two additional studies, which are also reported in Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, resonates with scientists and the medical community,” Roza emphasized. “The consistency of the results is a major factor in evaluating natural products in clinical studies.”
Jesse Lopez, CEO and President of SourceOne, noted that the combination of PMFsource and TocoSource (as found in Sytrinol) is the foundation for SourceOne’s new Cholesstrinol™ family of heart-healthy formulas. Cholesstrinol includes compelling combinations of PMFsource, TocoSource and SterolSource® 300 Plant Sterols, as well as formulas such as OmegaSmart™ EPA 80 and PMFsource; and TocoSource, OmegaSmart EPA 80, and ActivAli™ Tongkat Ali.
In tandem, Lopez announced that additional clinical studies are underway in Europe in conjunction with SourceOne’s Switzerland-based delivery technology partner Vesifact. “The Vesifact patented natural association colloid system represents a tremendous opportunity to improve absorption and performance of lipid based ingredients like TocoSource Palm Tocotrienols, PMFsource Citrus Bioflavonoids, Coenzyme Q10, and more,” Lopez commented. “We have already demonstrated the effectiveness of this system in soft gel and liquid two-piece capsule dosage forms. It broadens our market opportunity and provides a platform for growth in drink mixes, beverages, and food applications utilizing SourceOne science-based ingredients and Cholesstrinol formulas.”
During the past several years, SourceOne has been diligently working with international researchers and manufacturers to create a superior portfolio of heart-healthy ingredients for the nutraceutical industry – Cholesstrinol is the result of research and partnerships to source and supply the global marketplace with a compelling brand umbrella.
About SourceOne™ Global Partners
SourceOne™ Global Partners, headquartered in Chicago, IL, represents a new breed of ingredient supplier, partnering with manufacturing clients to introduce powerfully branded, science-driven products to market with unique product positioning and compelling consumer presence. SourceOne was conceived as a company whose core competency would be to integrate legitimate science with strong trade and consumer branding. They partner with leading suppliers worldwide to source and offer patented ingredients supported by proprietary science as part of turnkey marketing programs that dramatically increases the odds for market success.