Archer Daniels Midland Co. (NYSE: ADM) plans to feature a wide range of functional baking ingredients and its deZaan™ line of cocoa powders at the 2013 International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE) in Las Vegas.
The International Baking Industry Expo, the most comprehensive trade event of the year for the baking industry, will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas from Oct. 6 to 9.
“IBIE is an opportunity for ADM to feature some of the unique ingredient innovations we have available for the baking industry,” said Brent Miller, director of strategic marketing. “The products and samples we are highlighting at the show demonstrate how many of ADM’s functional ingredients can be easily incorporated into baking applications to add extra protein, fiber and whole grains, or create reduced-fat and gluten-free items.”
The samples will also feature an assortment of deZaan cocoa powders.
“The deZaan line of cocoa powders offers baking professionals an expansive variety of flavor profiles as well as other benefits, such as intense colors and reduced-fat,” said Mark Metivier, director of sales at ADM Cocoa.
ADM will be located at booth 9619. Samples will showcase how the company’s ingredients can be used in baking applications; they include:
- Chocolate Macaroons –This classic cookie gets its rich chocolate flavor from the new deZaan reduced-fat D-00-ZR cocoa powder. This reduced-fat option matches the great flavor and functionality of full-fat cocoa powder with only 0.5 percent fat.
- Red Velvet Cake Pop – deZaan D-11-ZR red cocoa powder delivers the traditional bright red color in these cake pops, and VegeFull™ red bean powder adds a boost of protein and fiber.
- Vanilla Cake Pop with Chocolate Chips – These vanilla cake pops are made with Tea Table Cake® flour and coated with Merckens® line of Rainbow compound wafers.
- Snickerdoodle Cake Pop –Soft White Whole Wheat Flour adds fiber and protein to these pops without sacrificing their traditional cake texture.
- Gluten-free Cake Pop –These gluten-free cake pops are made with VegeFull navy bean powder and Harvest Pearl® sorghum flour, while deZaan D-11-SQ cocoa powder gives the cake a smooth chocolate flavor and dark color.