"We have a vast and complicated food supply and distribution network ... we should increase the standards for taking preventative action."
—Jason Sapsin, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
Part 1: The backstory
- The history behind food safety legislation and the FDA.
- The reasoning behind the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
Part 2: The big penalty
- FSMA background, structure and goals.
- The fundamental differences between pre-FSMA and post-FSMA.
Part 3: The importance of a food safety plan
- FSMA compliance and implementation.
- CGMPs and what a food safety plan should include.
Part 4: Prevention
- The basics of HARPC and identifying hazards.
- The importance of documentation and what documents the FDA focuses on.
- How to ensure validation of preventative controls.
Part 5: Enforcement
- FDA implementation strategies.
- FDA enforcement metrics and predictions.
This session—FSMA, How Sweeping Reform of Food Safety Laws Will Impact Your Business—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.