"We can't eliminate the stressors in our lives, but we can change the way our brains respond to the stress that modern life presents. We can build resilience."
—Kristin Race, A Mindful Life
Part 1: Survival mode
- Stress is a major problem in America: 70 percent to 90 percent of doctor visits are caused by stress.
- How our brains go from optimal prefrontal functioning to limbic system survival mode.
Part 2: Addressing chronic stress
- The No. 1 reason why our wellness goals fail.
- Scientific proof for mindfulness: It literally changes the shape of our brains.
Part 3: Mindfulness practices and activities
- How integrating just a few minutes of mindful breathing can transform your life and you work.
- Simple practices to build connection with others. It's essential to thrive.
Part 4: Tying it all together
- How to shift the workplace or home life from surviving to thriving.
- Tips to prioritizing tasks, and why it's important to "unplug" from technology.
This session—A Mindful Life, The Shift from Surviving to Thriving—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.