Third quarter 2014:
- Net sales amounted to MSEK 37.1 (24.1).
- Operating profit totaled MSEK 9.0 (4.5).
- Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 7.1 (3.7).
- Profit after tax per share was SEK 0.77 (0.41).
- Cash flow amounted to MSEK 3.3 (4.2).
- Net sales amounted to MSEK 95.3 (76.1).
- Operating profit totaled MSEK 20.5 (15.1).
- Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 16.4 (12.4).
- Profit after tax per share was SEK 1.80 (1.36).
- Cash flow amounted to MSEK 6.3 (4.1). Probi paid dividends of MSEK 6.8 (6.8).
Significant events during the third quarter:
- Probi and Pharmavite expanded their partnership in the US and in international markets.
- NBTY launched products based on Probi Digestis® in the US retail market.
- Another trial confirmed that Probi’s probiotics can increase iron absorption in women of child-bearing age.
- Vifor launched Probi Defendum® in Switzerland.
- An agreement was signed with Metagenics to launch Probi Defendum in North America.
Significant events after the close of the period:
- Probi signed a distribution agreement with Laboratório Daudt for the launch of Probi Digestis in Brazil.
“The third quarter was by far our best quarter ever. Net sales of MSEK 37.1 correspond to year-on-year growth of 54 percent,” says Peter Nählstedt, CEO of Probi. “Our growth up to the third quarter was 25 percent and we are growing with increased profitability. The operating margin for the reporting period is slightly higher than in 2013. As in recent quarters, growth is attributable to the Consumer Healthcare business area where net sales have risen 53 percent to date this year, compared with the corresponding period in 2013. This growth was primarily driven by successful launches conducted jointly with our partners in the North American and South Korean markets. Due to strong global demand for our products, we are now reviewing the organization to ensure we have the resources needed to seize the market opportunities in both of our business areas in coming years.”