July 2018: Branding and Marketing Issue
Issue article highlights:
- • Online marketing may not sound like an obvious strategy for brick and mortar retail, but using digital data to target shoppers has become a profitable way of increasing foot traffic.
- • A legion of craft brewers has taken on beer titans like Budweiser and Coors to create a movement with regional followings and new levels of sophistication. Their success may have lessons for the food industry.
- • Looking good on the shelf has long been a must in packaging design, but looking good on a blogger’s kitchen counter is becoming increasingly important.
- • Generally delaying having kids, millennials are looking at pets as starter children and spending accordingly. That may make them the best news the animal supplement category has ever heard.
- • Consumers armed with digital tools to trace ingredient transparency are making the back label more important than the brand marquee on the front.
+ grabbing eyeballs, and Q&As with millennial food expert Eve Turrow Paul and BrandHive founder Jeff Hilton