The Rodale Institute's annual Organic Field Day will be a week-long, on-demand, online event from July 13 to July 17 this year.
Fifteen recently recorded, in-field video presentations will be available upon registration. Each video is 15-20 minutes long. Live, interactive Q&A sessions with the presenters will be scheduled throughout the week.
Online attendance costs $25. Registration is available on Rodale's website.
The 15 presentations cover healthy soil, organic fruit, pollinators and more:
- Intro to the principles of regenerative organic agriculture—Jeff Moyer, CEO, and Elizabeth Whitlow, executive director of the Regenerative Organic Alliance.
- Cover crops and organic no-till—Andrew Smith, chief scientist and Yichao Rui, soil scientist at Rodale.
- Soil health and water quality—JinJun Kan, associate research scientist at Stroud Water Research Center.
- Organic apple orchards—Don Jantzi, field operations foreman at Rodale.
- Pastured hog production—Sara Major, animal husbandry coordinator at Rodale.
- Pollinator habitats—John Long, greenhouse/landscape specialist, and Ian Frederick, field technician at Rodale.
For more information, contact Maria Pop, director of education, at Maria.Pop@RodaleInstitute.org or 610-683-1481.
Source: Rodale Institute