MegaFood, a pioneer in the health and wellness category, has announced a new line of multivitamins, featuring eight new products formulated to support the health of men and women during various phases of life.
Formulated by integrative medical doctor and best-selling author Tieraona Low Dog, M.D., each multivitamin offers 70 percent or more of the suggested daily value of key nutrients in two tablets. The vitamins also feature the active form of B6, methylated B12 and folate, vitamins K1 and K2, and choline based on Low Dog's recommendations for optimal dietary supplementation.
"The bottom line is that most people are just not getting the nutrients they need these days, even if they believe they eat a healthy diet," said Low Dog, an internationally recognized expert in the fields of integrative medicine, herbal medicine and dietary supplementation, and author of the newly released book by National Geographic, Fortify Your Life: Your Guide to Vitamins, Minerals, and More. "MegaFood multivitamins are made with nutrient-enriched whole foods sourced from a variety of trusted farm partners to deliver authentic nourishment, and can play a vital role in filling the daily nutritional gap."
MegaFood's multivitamin products are designed to address the unique nutritional needs of several different audiences:
- Multi for Women: Supports thyroid health, metabolism, hormone balance and healthy skin, nails and hair. Contains iron, iodine and 100 percent daily value or more of a full range of B vitamins.
- Multi for Women 40+: Supports eye, brain and heart health, as well as hormone balance and healthy aging. Provides 1000 IU of vitamin D, in addition to the full range of B vitamins and antioxidants.
- Multi for Women 55+: Contains zinc, choline, B vitamins, and green tea extract to support normal brain function, mood and healthy metabolism, plus vitamins D and C to support immune health and well-being. Iron-free, a nutrient not recommended for women over the age of 55.
- Multi for Men: Rich in B vitamins to aid in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and protein, and beta carotene, zinc, vitamins, C, E and D to help support normal immune and reproductive function. Iron-free.
- Multi for Men 40+: Vitamins A, C and E support healthy eyes, with 1,000 IU of vitamin D to support a healthy immune system, mood and overall well-being. Iron-free.
- Multi for Men 55+: Fortified with zinc and pumpkin-seed extract to help support healthy prostate function. Formulated without vitamin K and iodine for men over 55 who have been advised to avoid these nutrients. Iron-free.
- Baby & Me 2: Contains 600 mcg of methylated folate, choline and iodine to support the healthy development of child, and 100 percent of the recommended daily allowance of B vitamins and iron to support healthy red blood cells needed for energy and to help maintain health of mother.
- Multi for Healthy Bone: Each serving provides 500 mg calcium, 300 mg magnesium and 1000 IU of vitamin D3 to support bone health. Features FoodState Vitamin C made with whole oranges from farm fresh partner Uncle Matt's Organic, plus partner nutrients vitamins K1 and K2.
"We are so proud of this new line," MegaFood CEO Robert Craven said. "There are some pretty scary statistics out there that demonstrate just how nutritionally poor we are as a society, but with the benefit of Dr. Low Dog's expertise, we've designed a line of multivitamins that helps everyone get exactly what they've been missing out on. Trust us, when you're getting as much as you should, you'll definitely feel the difference."
MegaFood's new multivitamin line is gluten-, soy-, GMO- and dairy-free, and tested to be free of pesticides and herbicides.