CHICAGO — ACI’s Sports Nutrition for Health & Performance conference, being held October 24-25, 2002, at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort in Phoenix, Arizona, will be a two-day event where attendees will learn how to educate and broaden the consumer segment of the sports nutritional products market. This conference will also feature a pre-conference golf outing at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort on Wednesday, October 23, 2002.
The event is hosted by conference production company Active Communications International, Inc. (ACI) and is in association with NPI Center, Nutrition Business Journal, National Nutritional Foods Association, Nutritional Outlook, Virgo Publishing Natural Products Division, Nutraceutical World magazine and Food Processing’s Wellness Foods magazine.
Sports Nutrition for Health & Performance was designed for executives, consultants and researchers in the areas of: product development, marketing, science and technology, nutrition, regulatory/legal affairs, public relations, sales, brand management and new business development. The speaking panel includes such industry leaders as Cargill, Metabolife, SoBe, Chemi Nutraceuticals and Blue Pacific Flavors.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Evaluate the “performance utility” and its broadening appeal - - -beyond that of the athlete to include fitness enthusiasts and wellness consumers
- Understand the social, regulatory and technological factors that either promote or hinder the development and marketing of various types of sports nutrition products
- Describe various types of foods/drinks and supplements that are marketed as “lifestyle solutions” - - - meeting the needs, personal preferences and interests of today’s Baby Boomers and Generation Xer’s
- Realize the importance of continuously educating the consumer on the health benefits (and risks) of functional or energy foods, dietary supplements and ingredients
- Understand how to properly market the science behind the product
- Balance innovation, convenience and taste to drive the growth of the “healthy alternative” segment to include non-sports usage
For registration, discount rates and complimentary press passes, call Elizabeth Hutchison at 312-780-0700 ext. 179 and visit www.acius.net.