Company Will Announce Expanded Manufacturing Capabilities at its East Coast Facility
LONG BEACH, Calif., May 8, 2006 - BI Nutraceuticals, the leading supplier of quality raw materials and custom blends for 30 years, will be exhibiting at the Vitafoods International Tradeshow and Conference being held May 9 - 11, 2006 in Geneva, Switzerland, and will discuss the new service capabilities of their east coast facility.
"BI is committed to providing dietary supplement and functional food ingredients of the utmost quality, as well as value-added manufacturing services to customers throughout the world," stated George Pontiakos, President and CEO, BI Nutraceuticals. "Vitafoods is the perfect venue to reach international manufacturers who are seeking a company like BI that holds integrity of service and product excellence in the highest regard."
The company recently expanded capabilities at its east coast facility located in Islandia, NY, to better serve customers located in the eastern United States and Europe. The following services are now available at this
* Particle Engineering: ingredients are formulated to a consistency that is optimized for liquid, tablet, capsule or softgel applications
* Drum to Hopper Formulas: ingredients are prepared for final use without the need for additional lubricants, binders, disintegrants or excipients
* Roller Compaction: this densification process enhances granularity, flow and compressibility and is used for herbal extracts or nutritional supplements that cannot be exposed to water or heat
* Wet Granulation: uses a binder to enhance compressibility, product flow and density while decreasing fine particulates
* Blending: includes both low shear ribbon and low attrition rotary blending to incorporate a wide variety of combined ingredients
* Milling: high capacity milling equipment allows for the delivery of a broad range of particle sizes
* Sieving: provides specific particle size distributions while ensuring homogeneity and integrity
BI Nutraceuticals, headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., is a full service supplier of dietary supplement and functional food ingredients including whole herb powders and teas, standardized and drug ratio extracts, custom blends, vitamins, minerals and other specialty supplements. All BI ingredients undergo stringent quality analysis that includes heavy metal, pesticide and irradiation testing. All herbal powder ingredients are also tested under the company's Identilok(R) species identification process. The company has also developed a proprietary process, UltraHD(R), which creates high-density herbal powders allowing for superior flow and less dusting during the manufacturing process. Additionally, BI Nutraceuticals offers value-added services including particle engineering, drum to hopper formulas and steam sterilization via the company's Protexx HP(TM) process. For more information visit www.botanicals.com.
Vitafoods International is one of the largest health ingredients industry events in Europe, attracting participants and attendees representing the nutraceutical, cosmeceutical, functional foods and drink industries. This show attracts an international audience, and in 2005 more than 4,100 visitors attended from 67 countries worldwide. For more information visit www.vitafoods.eu.com.
For more information about BI's services and ingredient offerings, visit booth #451 at Vitafoods or contact Courtney Jacobs at 801-538-0777 ext. 102 or [email protected].
# # #