Event to be held during 96th Annual AOCS Meeting & Expo
Saskatoon, SK Canada - Bioriginal Food & Science Corp. is pleased to be the exclusive sponsor of the 3rd International Symposium on gamma linolenic acid (GLA) during the AOCS Conference & Expo in Salt Lake City, UT May 1- 4, 2005. Bioriginal is well known internationally for supporting research and science on essential fatty acids (EFAs).
The GLA symposium is part of the Technical Program on Health and Nutrition which is being held Tuesday, May 3. Johan Kamphuis of Bioriginal and Vic Huang of Abbott Labs will chair the discussion. Invited speakers and topics include:
1. Significance of Dietary Gamma Linolenic Acid in Biological Systems: Modulation of
Inflammatory and Proliferative Processes., V. Ziboh ; University of California-Davis, USA.
2. Effects of a Dietary GLA-Rich Mixture in SHR at Different Stages of Hypertension.,
S. Bellenger1, M. Narce1, J.-P. Poisson2 ; 1UPRES Lipides et Nutrition, 2Universite de Bourgogne,
3. Efficacy of Efamol Evening Primrose When Ingested Orally on Skin Hydration, TEWL, and
Biomechanical Properties., P. Clough ; Efamol Ltd., England.
4. Tumoricidal and Anti-Angiogenic Actions of Gamma-Linolenic Acid and Its Derivatives.,
U.N.Das ; UND Life Sciences, USA.
5. Tissue Distribution and Anti-Allergic Effects of Dietary DGLA in Rodent Models., M. Sugano1,
Y. Fujiwara2, H. Kawashima3, N. Tateishi3, Y. Kiso3 ; 1Processed Fat Nutrition Association, Japan,
2Ochanomizu University, Japan, 3Institute for Health Care Science, Suntory Ltd., Japan.
6. The herbal dietary supplement gamma-linolenic acid (GLA; 18:3n-6) suppresses the
expression of Her-2/neu (erbB-2) oncogene in human cancer cells., Javier A. Menendez,
Luciano Vellon, Ramon Colomer, Ruth Lupu ; Northwestern University, USA.
Plan to attend this informational session on GLA. Seating is limited so register today at http://www.aocs.org/meetings/annual_mtg/reg.asp.
Bioriginal Food & Science Corp. is an innovative solutions provider of essential fatty acids (EFAs), with a distribution network spanning six continents, including offices in Canada, the U.S, Europe and China. We provide a full range of EFA products from specialty ingredients to finished, packaged products from fish, flax, borage, evening primrose, black currant and CLA. Our products are used around the world in nutraceuticals, functional foods, skin care products, cosmetics, animal feed, veterinary products and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. For more information, please contact your Bioriginal sales representative or visit www.bioriginal.com.