Santiago event highlights nutrition innovations for the Chilean food industry.
March 10, 2004. Santiago, Chile- GTC Nutrition and Duas Rodas Chile S.A. sponsored a technical symposium on functional food and nutrition innovations in Santiago for a select group of Latin American food industry specialists. The symposium featured new scientific and marketing research and provided information about formulating functional foods for optimal nutrition.
The symposium included sessions on:
- The health properties of prebiotic fiber for digestion, mineral absorption and immune function
- Formulations for optimal bone health using prebiotic mineral formulations
- The use of oat beta glucan for cholesterol reduction and blood sugar management
- The advantages of using xylitol as a healthy sweetener
- New scientific research and marketplace trends
This well-attended event underscores GTC Nutrition’s commitment to service in Chile and Latin America. GTC is represented throughout Latin America, including Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and Uruguay. In partnership with Duas Rodas, GTC has provided novel functional food solutions in Chile since 2001.
About GTC Nutrition LLC
GTC is a leader in providing natural, science-based ingredients to the food processing, dietary supplements and animal feed industries. GTC promotes health throughout North America, South America, Australia and New Zealand with innovative functional food ingredients and unsurpassed customer support. For more information, visit www.gtcnutrition.com.