(OJAI, CA) September 1, 2006 – Natural products experts from retailing, law, food service, technology and employment practices will speak during the NNFA-West Healthy Harvest Show Fresh Perspectives education day, Friday, September 15, 2006, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Speakers and topics for the Fresh Perspectives education day will include:
• Danny Wells -- “How To Competitor-Proof Your Store.” President of Danny Wells & Associates, this “guru” of natural products retailing will present a brand new seminar that teaches health food retailers what steps to take to remain competitive when a large store opens in their marketplace.
• Jay Jacobowitz -- “Controlling The Point-of-Contact With Your Customer.” President of Retail Insights, a professional consulting services firm for natural products retailers, Jacobowitz will discuss effective ways to greet your customer (what to say other than “Can I help you?”) and improving sales through personal interactions with customers.
• Steve Rosen -- “Foodservice Operations In A Nutshell.” Rosen is known as the “Delilamma” and is the owner and operator of Rosen Enterprises, a full service foodservice consulting company. His lecture will teach retailers how to offer foodservice in just a few square feet of store space.
• Dale Hodges -- “Organic Agriculture For Retailers: Building Sustainable Produce Sales.” Hodges is the produce sales manager at United Natural Foods West and has been involved with organics since 1973 as both a grower and retailer. His lecture will focus on ways to build up an organic produce section and how “mom-and-pop” can compete with the “big boys” in the organic produce arena.
• Dick Calio -- “Retailing Technology: How To Choose It, How To Use It.” President of R.J. Calio Consulting, Calio has over 30 years of diversified business experience including 20 years of involvement in retail automation and point-of-sale systems. His presentation will include a discussion of technology options for retailers and how to implement a retail POS system for your store.
• Steven Shapiro -- “Legal Issues In Retailing Dietary Supplements.” A partner in the New York City law firm of Bass, Ullman and Shapiro specializing in food and drug law, Shapiro has over 18 years of experience in food and drug regulatory matters. His presentation will explore such issues as how to help your customers while avoiding “prescribing,” understanding the differences between structure-function claims, health claims and nutrient content claims, and the proper use of third-party literature and other educational materials.
• Tom Delaney and Alexandra McDermot Wilcox -- “Protecting Your Business With Comprehensive Employment Practices.” These legal experts in employment litigation from the law firm of Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold will review issues related to sexual harassment, wage and hour law, and the potential impact of electronic mail messages in employment lawsuits.
The Healthy Harvest Show is hosted by NNFA-West, the regional association representing natural products retailers and industry members located in California, Arizona, Nevada and Hawaii. The NNFA Rocky Mountain Association – covering the states of New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska and Kansas – is the co-host for this year’s Healthy Harvest Show. The Healthy Harvest Show is produced by TLC Tradeshow Productions of Ojai, CA.
The show’s exhibit floor will be open on September 16-17, 2006. Admission to the trade show and the Fresh Perspectives educational sessions at the Healthy Harvest Show is free to all health and natural food retailers. Membership in NNFA-West is not a requirement for attending the Healthy Harvest Show.
For more information call TLC Tradeshow Productions at 805.646.4373 or visit the web site at www.HealthyHarvestShow.com.
# # # #