Nutrition Business Journal (NBJ) today announced its annual Raw Material & Ingredient Supply Web Seminar will take place on November 17, 2009, from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Mountain Time. Attending will provide you with NBJ’s analysis of the current state of the raw material & ingredient supply (RMIS) market from NBJ Publisher and Editorial Director Patrick Rea, NBJ Editor Carlotta Mast, NBJ Research Manager Carla Ooyen, Functional Ingredients Editorial Director Kimberly Stewart, and ChromaDex Inc. President and CEO Frank Jaksch.
The world is changing for companies that manufacture and supply raw materials and ingredients for the U.S. nutrition industry—and 2009 is proving to be another eventful year for the raw material & ingredient (RMIS) supply industry. Whether they manufacture raw materials or move ingredients into the market as brokers and distributors, supply companies face a number of opportunities and challenges created by everything from growing consumer concerns over supply safety to the continued impact of new supplement good manufacturing practices (GMPs) on the ingredient supply chain. Raw material suppliers also must deal with the issue of rising input costs and the effect of currency fluctuations while facing reduced or delayed purchase orders from their finished product customers. NBJ’s 2009 Raw Material & Ingredient Supply Web Seminar will address all of this and provide detailed analysis of 2008 RMIS sales for dietary supplement, functional food and beverage, and natural & organic ingredients.
“Nutrition Business Journal is widely recognized as the journal of record for the U.S. nutrition industry. Since 1996, NBJ has published the most detailed review of the U.S. raw material & ingredient supply industry. Join the NBJ research and editorial team on this once-a-year Web seminar and receive the latest sales, growth, regulatory and trend information for the U.S. raw material & ingredient supply industry from NBJ,” said Nutrition Business Journal Publisher & Editorial Director Patrick Rea.
Topics that the NBJ editorial team will discuss include:
• Trends and competitive analysis on individual raw material and ingredient product categories
• Breakdown of RMIS sales and pricing trends by product category
• A comparison of RMIS sales to wholesale and consumer sales for vitamins, minerals, specialty, herbs & botanicals, and sports/meal replacement categories
• Discussion of the current regulatory environment for dietary supplements and how new supplement GMPs are affecting ingredient suppliers
• Expert analysis from ChromaDex President and CEO Frank Jaksch on current ingredient supply quality and what companies can do to prevent adulterated materials from ending up in their products
• Exploration of current profit margin pressures and currency issues affecting ingredient suppliers
• A category overview of pricing and supply trends for vitamins, minerals, herbs & botanicals and Specialty ingredients, including, fish oil, probiotics, whey protein, COQ-10 and more
• Discussion of how the economy is impacting the ingredient supply segment of the U.S. nutrition industry
• And much more
Nutrition Business Journal is an executive newsletter for decision-makers in the natural, nutrition and complementary and alternative health industries. NBJ's exclusive research and editorial focus on the strategic issues of the nutrition industry has made it a leading business intelligence resource for subscribers since 1996. To purchase detailed market research reports, subscribe to the NBJ, or sign up for the NBJ's free weekly e-newsletter, please visit www.nutritionbusiness.com. NBJ also hosts the NBJ/Newport Summit, an invitation-only retreat for C-level executives in the nutrition industry each July. For more information, visit www.nbjsummit.com.
New Hope Natural Media (www.newhope.com), a division of the Penton Media, Inc., is the leading media resource and information provider for the natural, organic and healthy products industry with print, in-person/event, and e-business products and services. Penton Media, Inc. is the largest independent business-to-business media company in the U.S., serving more than six million business professionals every month. The company’s market-leading brands are focused on 30 industries and include 113 trade magazines, 145 Web sites, 150 industry trade shows and conferences, and more than 500 information data products. Headquartered in New York City, the privately held company is owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP, and its coinvestors. For additional information on the company and its businesses, visit www.penton.com.