Assist the Plant Manager in managing all areas of production to maximize material “through put’. Ensure that all areas operate efficiently and effectively. Ensure that all areas operate in compliance with State and Federal Regulations and Company Policies and Procedures. Optimize the use of all resources to achieve maximum benefit to the Company.
II. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Report to: Plant Manager
Directly Supervises: Production Supervisors
III. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Schedule, coordinate and monitor all production work to achieve optimum product “through put” and minimum process costs.
2. Assist with process engineering and continual process improvement.
3. Assist with managing plant and equipment layout and equipment operation to achieve optimum “through put”, smooth material flow, meet all established quality standards.
4. Assist with managing plant operations to maximize benefits of the plant budget and capital expenditures.
5. Responsible for production employee training on all applicable SOP’s and regulations.
6. Monitor and insure compliance with all applicable Federal Regulations and Company Policies and Procedures.
7. Set productivity levels and recommend personnel levels in the department to achieve smooth and cost effective operation.
B. Internal Relationships
1. Keep the Plant Manager informed as to the status of manufacturing and of projects within manufacturing.
2. Communicate regularly with the managers of Q.A., Product Development and Materials.
3. Meet with Sales and Marketing on a regular basis to review forecasts and special needs.
1. Member of the Management team.
2. Keep current with areas of technology related to manufacturing.
3. Keep current with regulatory changes affecting manufacturing.
4. Monitor maximum utilization of the Company’s resources.
5. Assume on call status to deal with off-hours problems and difficulties.
D. Cover-All Clause
Accept and complete, in a timely fashion, special projects as assigned by the Plant Manager.
A. Minimum Skills and Abilities Required
1. Ability to make informed decisions and desire to see them through.
2. Strong planning and organizing skills.
3. Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
B. Minimum Education and/or Experience Required
1. 4 years experience at supervisory level.
2. Minimum of Associates degree in business or related science.
3. 5 to 10 years experience in related industry.
4. Thorough understanding of FDA cGMPs.
5 Strong computer skills and spreadsheet experience.
V. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires sitting for long periods. Work in office and operations environment. Requires a lot of typing, bending, stretching, reaching and lifting (up to 70 lbs.). Requires physical dexterity to work and operate office and production equipment. Work may be stressful at times. Work may extend beyond an eight hour work day on occasion.