PHOENIX-- Recordings of seminars conducted at the recent SupplySide West trade show, held Sept. 29 to Oct. 1 in Las Vegas, are available on the www.nutrilearn.com Web site. Each session is available to be downloaded for $19.95, and the complete recording package is available for $129.95.
Available seminars include the following:
- "Forging New Strategies in Preventive Nutrition: Reaching Regulators, Health Care Professionals and Consumer" by Jeffrey Blumberg, Ph.D., Tufts University
- "Regulatory Update" by Susan Walker, M.D., U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- "State of the Industry Update, Parts I and II" featuring Michael McGuffin, president, American Herbal Products Association; Annette Dickinson, Ph.D., president, Council for Responsible Nutrition; David Seckman, executive director, National Nutritional Foods Association; and Marc Ullman, partner, Ullman, Shapiro & Ullman LLP
- "Tocotrienol-Rich Tocomin® The Natural Vitamin E for Brain Health” by Chandra Sen, Ph.D., vice chairman of surgery, director of the Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, director of the DNA Microarray & Genetics facility of the Davis Heart & Lung Research Institute, and director of research, Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery at the Ohio State University Medical Center
- “Nutritional Supplements: Role in Heart Disease Treatment and Prevention” by Ronald Watson, Ph.D., professor in the School of Medicine at the University of Arizona
- “China: Opportunities and Challenges” featuring Robyn Frisch, president, chief executive officer (CEO) and founder of ROCHEM International Inc.; Mike Smith, vice president and general manager for DNP International Co. Inc.; and David W. Turner, CEO and chairman of Zuellig Group North America and BI Nutraceuticals
- “Minerals - Achieving the Proper Balance” by Alexander Schauss, Ph.D., director of Natural and Medicinal Products Research, AIBMR Life Sciences Inc.
- Two panels presented by the National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements
Upon purchase, the recordings can be listened to immediately and downloaded for future listening.
"While hundreds of industry members attended the SupplySide West education program, there are many who could not participate but would benefit from the valuable information that was shared," said Jon Benninger, director of business development at Virgo Publishing.
The sessions are available at www.nutrilearn.com/supplyside/educationaudio.html. The SupplySide West education program was sponsored by Cognis Nutrition & Health.
Virgo Publishing Inc. produces the SupplySide Trade Shows and Conferences, the Focus on the Future Executive Conference and Retreat, and the online training Web site nutrilearn.com; and publishes Natural Products Industry INSIDER, low carb retailer and HSR: Health Supplement Retailer magazines.
Jon Benninger, Director of Business Development
Virgo Publishing Inc.
(480)990-1101 ext. 1108; [email protected]
Amy Sharman, Marketing and Communications Manager
Virgo Publishing Inc.
(480) 990-1101 ext. 1543; [email protected]