BALTIMORE, MD (September 28, 2007) -- The winners of the 13th annual Socially Responsible Business Awards (SRBA) will be honored during the free SRBA breakfast today at the Baltimore Convention Center, Room 309, from 8:00 to 9:30 AM. The recipients of the 2007 Socially Responsible Business Awards are:
- KOPALI ORGANICS: “Improving the food we eat, the lives of the farmers who grow it, and the planet we all share.” Zak Zaidman, founder, accepting; David Karr, president and co-founder, Guayaki, presenting.
- STEAZ GREEN TEA SODA: “Bringing healthy beverage alternatives to the world.” Eric Schnell, founder, accepting; Gillian Christie, CEO and founder, Christie Communications, presenting.
- UNDER THE CANOPY: “Confirming that what today's fashion-conscious consumer desires can co-exist with social and environmental responsibility.” Marci Zaroff, founder, accepting; Eileen O'Neill, President & General Manager, Planet Green, Discovery Communications, presenting.
Steve Demos, Co-Founder, White Wave Foods, will give the keynote address.
Steve’s commitment to sustainable business practices while growing White Wave from a small regional tofu manufacturer into an industry giant is another example of doing good while doing well and exemplifies socially responsible business practices.
Gurudhan Khalsa, National Sales Manager, Golden Temple, Peace Cereal, and Yogi Tea, will be master of ceremonies.
The 2007 SRBA judges, all former SRBA award winners, include:
- Mike Fata, President & Co-Founder, Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods & Oils
- Sara Katz, President & Co-Founder, Herb Pharm
- David Bronner, President, Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps
SRBA-award recipients demonstrate exceptional track records in ethics, accountability, governance, employment practices, business relationships, financial return, products and services, community involvement and environmental protection, and the 2007 winners are no exception.
Golden Temple Bakery, manufacturer of Peace Cereals, and the Yogi Tea Company sponsor SRBA annually, which serve as main sponsors of the event. Other 2007 sponsors include: UNFI, Discovery-Planet Green, White Wave, Horizon Organic, Christie Communications, Woodstock Farms, Guayaki, Steaz, New Hope Natural Media, Innercontinental.Org, The Shelton Group PR, and InnoVision Health Media.
The SRBA is managed by the volunteer staff of Gurudahn Singh Khalsa (Golden Temple), Jill Ettinger, Frank Lampe (InnoVision Health Media) and Suzanne Shelton (Shelton Group PR).