Subscribe and receive the latest updates on trends, data, events and more.
Join 57,000+ members of the natural products community.
March 3, 2018
Claire Morton, Nutrition Business Journal's senior industry analyst, offers her top takeaways from NBJ's first ever Personal Care Data Guide. NBJ projects the market of lotions, balms and other pampering products at $14B in sales in 2017, growing at 5.4 percent. Learn where the growth is occurring, and what products and channels to be wary of in a market that is affected by the whims of the upcoming millennial generation. Purchase the data guide in its entirety here.
• The U.S. Natural and Organic Personal Care market grew an estimated 5.4 percent in 2017, reaching $14 billion in annual sales.
• As consumer interest in beauty-from-within grows, they are streamlining and downsizing their personal care regimens.
• The self-care trend has spurred increased sales growth of bath products and certain skincare products such as masks.
• Growth in mass market and natural and specialty retail has slowed as online sales growth surges.
• Millennial demand for clean baby care is projected to drive strong growth over the next five years.
Download the top chart from the 2018 Personal Care Data Guide.
You May Also Like
Dive into beauty and wellness at Natural Products Expo WestMar 4, 2024
12 pro tips for retailers navigating Natural Products Expo WestMar 4, 2024
NCN report analyzes investment slowdown, explores opportunitiesMar 2, 2024
Free AF launches AF Sparkling Rosé with Afterglow™ – press releaseMar 1, 2024