"Be patient. You can grow if you are working this process… One mistake people make is that they give up too early. You have to give yourself some runway to inform this algorithm.”
—Sam Hager, Dash Applications
Part 1: Owning your space
- Fifty percent of all product searches start on Amazon. It’s vital to control that first impression that customers have of your brand, even if you are not directly focused on Amazon sales.
- Advertising affects your ranking on the platform. This is the most important reason to implement a direct strategy.
- How brands with a smaller budget can compete with larger brands by using keyword algorithms.
- How sponsored product ads appear on Amazon and how to determine what ad units will work for your product.
Part 2: Optimizing your Amazon campaigns
- Product reviews are essential to compete against others in the category.
- Determine whether your brand is optimizing advertising for growth or for return in order to create an objective-based campaign structure.
- A breakdown of specific methods for continuous and strategic optimization.
- Hager explains what kinds of campaigns build on each other and what to expect in terms of spend and return (ACoS) from each campaign.
Part 3: Q&A, winning a top spot
- What’s a good starting budget for a startup brand?
- How to deal with the constant push and pull with competing brands for top spots.
- It’s important to know that you cannot buy or fake reviews, it will get you kicked off of the platform.
This session—Amazon Advertising: Real Estate, Robbery and Ranking—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2019. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.