“I think what’s most effective about (the current) design is that it puts our product first, rather than our brand first.”
—Serafina Palandech, Hip Chick Farms
Part 1: The first redesign—packaging woes
- Hip Chick Farms has done two redesigns in its first four years of existence.
- Customers loved us and stores hated us because of the packaging issues.
- The change in packaging shape, from a bucket to a box, resulted in 300 percent growth in sales.
Part 2: The second redesign—standing out on shelf
- Customers thought the store locator was “wrong” because they couldn't find the product on the shelf.
- The design wasn’t calling forward the attributes that are important.
- The new design led to a 30 to 40 percent increase in sales.
- Sharing your story with the media is instrumental in leveraging your brand. The press is interested in true authentic stories of what’s happened to people and how you’ve succeeded despite the challenges.
This session—A Case Study in Rebranding and ROI—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2018. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.