"I believe profits are the air we breathe that allows us to then go on and make contributions and have purpose that is much deeper than just simply making money."
—Doug Rauch, Daily Table
Part 1: Being passionate isn't enough
- How business can be ethical, noble and heroic.
- Conscious capitalism—what it is and how it could solve poverty.
Part 2: The secret to a great business
- How did Trader Joe's become the "hottest" retailer?
- Culture is the essence of great companies.
Part 3: Failure and why it matters
- Four critical things about failure.
- The relationship between corporate culture and performance.
- The challenges of solving hunger and obesity in America.
Part 4: Daily Table, a dignified exchange
- Daily Table heralds a new model to bring nutritious food to struggling communities.
Part 5: The really big picture
- Business can create scalable solutions to combat big problems in the world.
- What's our purpose as a food industry?
This session—Saturday Keynote, Doug Rauch—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017. Click download below to access the presentation slides.