“We all have a vested interest in maintaining and improving the public’s perception of the safety of dietary supplements. The industry does not run without consumer confidence.”
— Jason Sapsin, Counsel, Faegre Baker Daniels
- With CBD products, you can be prosecuted at any time for any level of THC.
- Probiotics have never been actually approved by the FDA for any therapeutic indication: the stronger your claims, the more likely you’ll be targeted.
- New dietary ingredients (NDI) are probably the lowest level of concern; currently, there’s no enforcement.
- The FDA has jurisdiction over roughly 20-25 cents of every dollar spent by every consumer in the U.S.—an enormous regulatory footprint.
- Learn why Medicare Advantage may represent the single greatest opportunity for dietary supplement manufacturers and distributors in the last 5-10 years.
This session—The Supplement Round Table: Regulatory Updates—was recorded at Natural Products Expo East 2018. Click "download" to access the presentation slides.