"I existed for a solid 20 years of my life as an entrepreneur, overworking and over-doing... it really started to affect my health... I had to learn how to slow down and I had to learn how to create space.
—Valerie D'Ambrosio, VDA Coaching
Part 1: The story of a "recovering perfectionist"
- Why trying to make every area of your life perfect is not sustainable.
- Recognizing "above the line" and "below the line" energy.
Part 2: Create space
- Why people spend 98 percent of the time in a state of judgement, blame, stress and overwhelm.
- Key methods to shifting from stress and overwhelm to creativity and joy.
Part 3: Appreciating the skeptic
- How to appreciate the pessimist, and why this could completely transform your team.
- How to approach toxic negativity and discern when to say "no."
Part 4: Make the shift
- One simple and effective practice of every great conscious leader.
- The most effective method for shifting yourself out of being a "victim of life."
Part 5: Overcome limiting beliefs
- The three blocks that are useful to recognize when we are getting in our own way.
This session—Conscious Leadership: Tips & Tools for Designing a Thriving Life—was recorded at Natural Products Expo East 2016.