The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), the dietary supplement industry’s leading trade association, announced seven newly seated directors to its governing board, and three newly appointed committee chairs.
The seven new executives joining CRN’s Board of Directors are: Mark Hartman, Banner Life Sciences; Connie Hallquist, Healthy Directions LLC; Mark LeDoux, Natural Alternatives International Inc.; Bret Scholtes, Omega Protein/Nutegrity; Jennifer Spalding, Abbott Nutrition; Steve Strickland, Sensient Pharmaceutical Coating Systems; and James Watson, Watson Inc.
CRN’s new Board of Directors is comprised of 36 member company representatives and CRN President and CEO Steve Mister. Below is the full list of CRN’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee (in bold) and the Officers (as noted) for 2014:
- Michael Bentley, SierraSil Health Inc.
- John Blair, NSA, LLC (Juice Plus+®) (Chair)
- Kristen Blanchard, Nutramax Laboratories Inc. (Secretary)
- Paul Bolar, Pharmavite LLC
- Michael Bradley, Perrigo Co.
- Manuela Buxo, Bayer HealthCare LLC
- Mike DeGennaro, Lonza Inc.
- Paul Dijkstra, InterHealth Nutraceuticals Inc.
- Paul Faganel, Embria Health Sciences
- Marjorie Fine, Shaklee Corp.
- Pierre Fitzgibbon, Atrium Innovations Inc.
- Connie Hallquist, Healthy Directions LLC
- Jim Hamilton, DSM Nutritional Products (Immediate Past Chair)
- Mark Hartman, Banner Life Sciences
- Carl Hastings, Reliv International Inc.
- T.J. Higgins, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
- Jim Hyde, Albion Laboratories Inc.
- Samy Jandali, BASF Corp.
- Harvey Kamil, NBTY Inc. (Chair Elect)
- Mark LeDoux, Natural Alternatives International Inc.
- Allison Levy, AdvoCare International LP
- Suzanne LoGalbo, Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC
- Steve Mister, CRN (President and CEO)
- David Morrison, The Vitamin Shoppe
- Vic Neufeld, Jamieson Laboratories Ltd.
- Michelle Potorski, Procter & Gamble
- Al Powers, NOW Foods
- Mike Satow, Nutrition 21
- Bret Scholtes, Omega Protein/Nutegrity
- Fred Smetana, Church and Dwight Co. Inc.
- Jennifer Spalding, Abbott Nutrition
- Michelle Stout, Amway/Nutrilite
- Steve Strickland, Sensient Pharmaceutical Coating Systems
- Debbie Trinker, Kemin Health L.C. (Treasurer)
- John Venardos, Herbalife Ltd.
- James Watson, Watson Inc.
- Tyler Whitehead, Nu Skin Enterprises Inc.
In addition, the three newly appointed Committee chairs for 2014 are as follows:
- Communications and Media Outreach Committee—Caron Blitz, BASF Corp.
- Government Relations Committee—Kate Houston, Cargill Health & Nutrition
- Senior Scientific Advisory Council—Barry Ritz, Atrium Innovations Inc.
Other Committee chairs who continue in their positions include:
- International Trade and Market Development Committee—John Venardos, Herbalife Ltd.
- Regulatory Affairs Committee—Michael Lelah, NOW Foods, and Haresh Madeka, BASF Corp.
For a complete list of CRN member companies, visit CRN’s website. For information on membership with CRN, please contact Carl Hyland, director of membership development, at 202-204-7674 or firstname.lastname@example.org.