- Fourth quarter worldwide volume growth of 13 percent compared to the prior year period.
- Fourth quarter EPS of $1.15 increased 15 percent, and adjusted EPS of $1.28 increased 28 percent, both as compared to the prior year period.
- Raises FY'14 adjusted diluted EPS guidance to a range of $5.85 to $6.05, reflecting the impact of the recent financial transactions and subsequent share repurchase.
- Annual sales leader retention of approximately 51.8 percent.
- Generated $773 million in operating cash flow in fiscal 2013.
- Board of Directors approved a $0.30 per share quarterly dividend.
Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE: HLF) reported fourth quarter net sales of $1.3 billion, reflecting an increase of 20 percent compared to the same period in 2012, on volume point growth of 13 percent. Net income for the quarter was $123.5 million, or $1.15 per diluted share. On an adjusted basis, adjusted1 net income for the quarter was $137.2 million, or $1.28 per diluted share, as compared to 2012 fourth quarter net income of $112.2 million and EPS of $1.00.
For the 12 months ended Dec. 31, 2013, the company reported record net sales of $4.8 billion, an 18 percent increase, on 13 percent growth in volume compared to 2012. For the same period, the company reported net income of $527.5 million, or $4.91 per diluted share. On an adjusted basis, adjusted1 net income of $577.4 million, or $5.37 per diluted share, reflected increases of 24 percent and 36 percent respectively, over 2012 net income3 of $464.0 million and EPS of $3.94.
"Herbalife delivered another year of record financial performance achieved through the consistent execution of key strategies to expand daily consumption of our products," said Michael O. Johnson, Herbalife's chairman and CEO. "The global obesity epidemic continues to expand around the world, having an adverse impact on community health. Our independent Members are uniquely positioned, with education, coaching, and nutritious, industry-leading products to help their customers live healthier lives."
For the year ended Dec. 31, 2013, Herbalife generated cash flow from operations of $772.9 million, an increase of 36 percent compared to 2012; paid dividends of $123.1 million; invested $162.5 million in capital expenditures; and repurchased $297.4 million in common shares outstanding under our previous share repurchase program.
Herbalife recently announced that the Board of Directors approved an increase in its share repurchase authorization to $1.5 billion. Following repurchases made in connection with the company’s recent financing transaction on Feb. 7, 2014, the remaining authorized capacity under the repurchase program is $814 million.