- What do you currently manufacture? What equipment do you have that is available to a prospective client?
- Are you interested in my ideas/product? Can you make my product with your current machinery? If not, what machinery would you need?
- How do you price? What requirements need to be met to be considered?
- Can you provide references of someone you produce for now?
- Do you purchase and hold RM (raw material) and PM (packaging material) inventory?
- Do you disclose your margin, operating costs, RM & PM costs, etc., or is the pricing an all-in number with no disclosures?
- Do you store FGs (finished goods) and ship to distributors?
- What is your QA (quality assurance) program like?
- Does the plant undergo third-party audits annually? Who do you use? (There are about four that are accepted by all retailers.) What was your last score?
- Do you have HACCP (hazard analysis critical control points) plans in place for all products? What is your process for food safety?
- How do you plan and perform for excellence?
- Will you be flexible regarding packing variations for different retailers (big box vs. smaller retailers), changes in weights and sizes (for sampling, for alternative pack-out options), palletization, etc.?
- Are you willing to grow with us? Undergo changes with little issue? Offer re-pricing opportunities as our business grows?
- Can we visit to see the operation (to see the pest control program, signage, separation of allergens, storage, and cleanliness of facility)?
- Are current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs) in place?
New Hope Network is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.