“In our work with our clients around transparency, we find there’s a lot of fear and resistance … [being vulnerable], that’s scary, but it’s also the thing that engenders trust between human beings … and then engenders trust between consumers and brands.”
—Yadim Medore, Founder & CEO, Pure Branding
Part 1: Transparency—an overview
- Efficacy, safety and reputation are compromised when we ignore GMPs.
- It’s not where it’s made, it’s how it’s made (Amazon).
- See something, say something: Expressing concerns about product reliability and accuracy.
Part 2: The ROI of transparency
- “If you’re not at least doing this, you’re behind the ball,” said Yadim Medore, founder and CEO, PURE
- Gaia’s “Meet Your Herbs” initiative: Transparency played a key role in its success.
- Openness, authenticity, honesty and vulnerability are key.
Part 3: Implementing transparency in your supply chain
- Learn the four big challenges for the industry and how technology can help.
- Connecting farmer to processor to importer to manufacturer to consumer.
- Block chain technology is a fantastic platform for this industry.
Part 4: Q&A
- Discussing the block chain in more detail.
- Evolving consumer expectations.
- How to engender trust through sharing difficulties, not just successes.
This session—Beyond an Idea: How to Implement Transparency in Your Business—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2018. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.