Food Funded’s 10th Food Investor Fair this week features 24 entrepreneurial food and wellness brands out to change the world by focusing on addressing climate change and justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) in the food system.
The entrepreneurial companies chosen to pitch to conscious investors follow.
JEDI-focused food and wellness brands
These mostly BIPOC-owned brands strive to build healthy food access for black and indigenous communities, build equitable delivery, provide retail solutions for black and women winemakers and more.
- Amu Nutrition, Mongolian personalized nutrition products.
- Cactus, canned cactus water beverages.
- Coco Noir Wine Shop and Bar, which brings culture and diversity to Oakland's wine economy.
- Kubé, vegan ice cream.
- Elevate Project.
- Itality: Plant Based Wellness, catering and health services through indigenous food ways.
- Lumen, hemp shots.
- Phillip Ashley Chocolates, luxury chocolates.
- Piikup, a socially responsible delivery service.
- Planted Foods, clean, plant-based foods.
- Potli, cannabis-infused foods.
- Recoup Wellness Beverage, ginger recovery beverages.
Climate change-fighting food brands
Environmental issues are front and center for these entrepreneurs innovating on plant-based proteins, CBD, upcycled by-products, grass-fed rancher infrastructure, organic fertilizer and carbon drawdown solutions.
- Agricultural Institute of Marin, champions for farmers, food access and education in the Bay Area.
- AKUA, plant-based foods made from regenerative aquaculture.
- Bay Area Ranchers Co-op (BAR-C), sustainable, noncompetitive processing by ranchers, for ranchers.
- Down to Cook, the “Just Adda Veggie, and Enjoy” protein product.
- Elevate Project
- Imlak'esh Organics, superfoods.
- IncrEDIBLE, edible spoon.
- Nud Snacks, organic, raw, vegan, paleo, tree nut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, non-GMO, and free from sugar.
- ReGrained, food upcycling technology, ingredient platform and packaged foods innovator.
- Sabor Mexicano, kettle papitas.
- TrueAlgae, closed-loop, proprietary algae production technology.
- Ugly Pickle Co., ugly produce pickles.
- Wheyward Spirit, a sipping spirit made from whey with “farm to flask” roots.
Food Funded 2020, presented by Slow Money Northern California and Esca Bona, takes place online Oct. 6 and 7. The event is a place for food entrepreneurs and investors to convene for two days of educational workshops and live investment presentations to catalyze the funding flow for food ventures.