First quarter 2015:
- Net sales amounted to MSEK 68.9 (26.4)
- Operating profit totaled MSEK 27.3 (6.1)
- Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 22.4 (5.0)
- Profit after tax per share was SEK 2.45 (0.55)
- Total cash flow amounted to MSEK 18.5 (3.6)
Significant events during the first quarter:
- Probi secured a record order valued at MSEK 17 from US company NBTY, which was delivered in the first quarter.
- Probi entered into long-term research collaboration with Wageningen University in the Netherlands.
- The partnership agreement with DKSH was expanded to include launches of Probi Digestis® in Hong Kong and Macau.
- Probi signed a distribution agreement with Jamieson for the launch of Probi Digestis in Canada.
“The year 2015 started on a high note for Probi,” said Peter Nählstedt, CEO of Probi. “Our net sales of MSEK 68.9 (26.4) are more than double the figure for the first quarter of 2014. This strong growth is very much attributable to stock accumulations by our U.S. partners Pharmavite and NBTY prior to future launches later this year. At present, we do not expect net sales in the forthcoming quarters to reach the same level as in the first quarter. However, in line with previous guidance, we are still expecting strong year-on-year growth for 2015. In the second quarter, the organisation will be strengthened with seven new employees to create opportunities for capitalising on the sharply increased demand for our products. We are also very pleased to have entered into long-term research collaboration with Professor Michiel Kleerebezem, Wageningen University, the Netherlands, a leader in research into the mechanisms of action of probiotic bacteria. We hope that this collaboration will eventually result in new effective probiotic products.”