Second quarter 2014:
- Net sales amounted to MSEK 31.9 (26.5).
- Operating profit totaled MSEK 5.3 (4.6).
- Profit after tax amounted to MSEK4.3 (3.8).
- Profit after tax per share was SEK 0.47 (0.42).
- Cash flow amounted to a negative MSEK 0.6 (neg: 2.6). Probi paid dividends of MSEK 6.8 (6.8).
First six months of 2014:
- Net sales amounted to MSEK 58.3 (51.9).
- Operating profit totaled MSEK 11.5 (10.6).
- Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 9.3 (8.7).
- Profit after tax per share was SEK 1.03 (0.96).
- Cash flow amounted to MSEK 3.0 (0.0). Probi paid dividends of MSEK 6.8 (6.8).
Significant events during the second quarter:
- Probi signed a distribution agreement with Sanofi Consumer Healthcare for the launch of Probi Digestis® in South Korea.
- Probi signed a distribution agreement with Impexia for the launch of Probi Digestis in Turkey.
- Study shows that Probi’s probiotics may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Study shows that Probi’s probiotics increase iron absorption in women of child-bearing age.
- Study shows that Probi’s probiotics are well tolerated by children treated with antibiotics. A lower incidence of complaints such as headache and fever was also reported for the active group, but no difference was observed for the frequency of diarrhoea.
- Probi’s American partner NBTY/Solgar launched Probi’s digestive health capsules in the UK market.
Significant events after the close of the period:
- Another study confirmed that Probi’s probiotics increase iron absorption in women of child-bearing age.
“Net sales of MSEK 31.9 in the second quarter are the company’s highest ever for an individual quarter. The Consumer Healthcare business area continues to drive growth, with net sales up 32 percent compared with the first six months of 2013. We see a continued and highly positive trend in the North American market, where our products are also being launched in the retail channel now. The launches in South Korea have been successful and are making a significant contribution to our strong growth. Good news was also announced in the research area during the second quarter. Two studies showing that our probiotics may significantly increase iron absorption in women of child-bearing age were concluded this year. A product with bioavailable iron that is also gentle on the stomach is much needed. In partnership with our distributors, we can now prepare for a product launch in 2015,” says Peter Nählstedt, CEO of Probi.