“It is crucial to be communicating one key message across all channels and for that message to be authentic.”
—Tim Lambertson, LMS
- How to benchmark steps to success: growth, engagement, swipe ups plus link in bio clicks, and of course, sales.
- Growth: You should be looking at gaining 1,500 new followers each month. Tim Lambertson gives tips on how to grow organically.
- The main feed: Video is prioritized over stills on Instagram. Based on the algorithm, video gives you more engagement and more reach. A video with a compelling call to action is a great way to start driving conversion.
- Instastories: Use all of the features. Three to five slides is the sweet spot for Instastory engagement.
- IGTV plus live is a new feature that had risen 3,000% in the two weeks prior to this March 2019 session. This is something busineses need to jump on. Lambertson gives tips on what content works best for this new feature.
- Half of a brand's content for each month should feature shoppable tags. Maintain 50% organic content to make sure you are not pushing sales too much.
This session—Driving Sales and Engagement on Instagram—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2019. Click "download" to access the presentation slides.