"We need to take that love of stories that we have and make our stories resonant, powerful and really really useful."
—Rafael Mael, Maelstrom Marketing
Part 1: Why we tell stories
- Why we love to hear stories and why stories matter for retailers.
- Three reasons why most of the stories we are telling don't work.
Part 2: How to make a confusing story clear
- The first reason why most stories don't work and how to overcome this problem.
- The power of keeping the message simple.
Part 3: How to make a boring story captivating
- The second reason why most stories don't work and how to overcome this problem.
- How to sequence a story to make people care and want to know more.
Part 4: How to make an irrelevant story click
- How do we overcome the challenge of a message that is irrelevant?
- How to put together the three simple steps and transform your story.
This session—Crafting a Shareable Story—was recored at Natural Products Expo East 2016.