"Opportunities in Organic" was the theme of Nov. 9's virtual Retail Discovery Session on the Natural Products Expo Virtual platform. In addition to a thorough presentation on organic attributes and messaging opportunities from New Hope Content Marketing Director Nancy Coulter-Parker, New Hope Vice President of Content Jessica Rubino interviews Jim Padelford of The Fresh Market.
In this clip, Padelford discusses what consumers expect to see in organic products and what he, as a retailer, expects from the vendors he works with.
"Over-communicate. Let me know even if you think something might happen. Then, if it doesn't happen, that's great news later. It's tough for me to plan your promotions or any meal features that we want to do if we're not feeling confident in the supply," Padelford says.
The NPEV Retail Discovery Sessions were created to support brand and retail connections in a focused, efficient format. Each session will feature trend and retail insights from New Hope Network and SPINS, along with a different group of featured retailers. During 2022, New Hope hosted these sessions:
- Jeff Shackelford of The Healthy Edge Retail Group.
- Jonathan Lawrence of Fresh Thyme Market.
- Steven Jamieson of PCC Community Markets.
- Le'Spencer Walker of Target.
- Christine McNerney and Jason Bidart of Thrive Market.
- Robin Brett of Kimberton Whole Foods, Jasmin Rosil of The Turnip Truck and Edgar Vargas of Vilore Foods.