Natural Products Expo West is within the month and we have a lot of great education in the works. Here's a look at what we have in store for each day.
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
The opportunities and challenges that exist for the hemp-derived cannabidiol market in the United States are abundant. We sought out industry experts who can provide an understanding of the regulatory, supply, scientific, labeling, retail and standards issues surrounding the market so you’ll have new intelligence to help inform your next steps as a supplier, manufacturer or retailer of hemp-derived CBD products.
- Hemp Hemp Hooray: The Certified Business of Disruption (CBD)
- 21st Century Health Science: The Endocannabinoid System
- Made in America? Supply-Chain Challenges
- Merry Hempsters & Ganjapreneurs: Innovation at the Brand Level
- Lawyers, Guns and Money: Legal & Regulatory Issues
- Give the People What They Want: Selling Hemp-Derived CBD at Retail
Thursday, March 8, 2018
Consumer demand for organic continues to grow, and as Matthew Dillon, Director of Agricultural Policy and Programs of Clif Bar & Co pointed out, “In 2002, organic was just a fad; it’s our belief that the data shows that organic is here to stay.” Amidst an administration failing to implement thoroughly vetted organic regulations, a marketplace replete with alternative labels, and ongoing questions of supply chain integrity, learn what’s being done to ensure that the hard-built standards and consumer trust in organic continue to thrive and drive industry growth. With experts from organizations including the Organic Trade Association, Politico and Organic Valley, we’ll explore together the state of organic in 2018 and the possibilities that exist for the future of organic and its farmers, leaders and formulators.
- The State of the Organic Industry
- Organic 101
- Growing Organic: Upholding Supply Chain Integrity
- Food Safety Update: Tools & Resources for Organic Operations
- Sharing the Organic Story
The retail and distribution landscape is changing extraordinarily fast, quickly exposing brands to new challenges and also many exciting new opportunities to get healthy products into the hands of consumers. To better understand changing consumer purchasing habits and opportunities at retail and online, we've enlisted the help of natural and organic products retail, distribution and brand experts to share actionable insights and tactics to help inform individual channel strategies.
- The Road to Retail: Expo West 2018
- Strategies for Getting & Staying on Shelf in a Changing Retail Market
- Building Strong Relationships at Retail
- Case Studies in e-Commerce: Growing your Brand Online
- Amazon for Challenger Brands
- Distribution Discussion
- Closing Keynote with Walter Robb
Friday, March 9, 2018
Entrepreneurial and established brands are changing our food system for the better. We chose this conference track to continue to foster innovation, integrity and inspiration during important stepping stones in a brand's journey. We’ll discuss new packaging and ingredient trends as well as showcase standout founders who have risen to the top. You'll walk away with a clear understanding of what it takes to define (or re-define) success and how to leverage the right resources to take your brand to the next level.
- Innovating with Plants: How to Take Advantage of White Space in the Market
- Small Giants: Understanding What it Takes to Grow a Great Company
- Packaging Innovation: Understanding Emerging Technologies
- From Infancy to Category Leaders: Founders Share Secrets for Success
- The Road to Gender Parity: Supporting Women's Leadership for a Better Workplace
No longer is the industry standard set at achieving sustainable business practices. Rather, the bar is now raised to regeneration, whether in the form of regenerative agriculture, economics, leadership, soil,etc. To address the unintended consequences of a modern agricultural system and extractive society, regenerative principles can help to build and replicate win-for-all outcomes that address global warming, underperforming work environments, disappearing topsoil and struggling communities. Join us for an education track focused on understanding what a regenerative food future will look like.
- The Business Case for Leading a Regenerative Movement
- Supporting Farmers: Regenerative Practices for Agricultural Prosperity
- Authentic Regenerative Leadership to Grow Your Business, Team & Community
- Impact Investing for the Natural Products Industry
- Regenerative Finance: How to Invest in the Future of Food
Calling all local community retailers! Grab some lunch, pull up a chair and prepare to engage! We've packed this Retail Lunch & Learn with a fast-paced agenda that includes a networking lunch and interactive presentations designed to help you serve your customers’ needs and develop new strategies to excel in a changing retail environment.
- Passion & Purpose in Your Retail Business
- Founders Roundtable: Celebrating Retail's Part in the Natural Food Revolution
- Deep Dive: Making Moves Toward Convenience & Food Service
- Next Generation Retail: Envisioning & Creating a New Future
- Pushing Your Passion Forward: Next Steps for Your Retail Business
Saturday, March 9, 2018
A variety of factors are shaping our supply chain and its ability to support a better food future. From updates proposed to the 2018 Farm Bill involving organic supply and product labeling to evolving consumer ingredient demands, we'll explore important factors improving the capacity and transparency of our supply landscape.
- Farm Bill 2018: What You Need to Know
- GMO Labeling: Regulations & Market Opportunities
- A New Frontier In Product Innovation: Whole Foods
- Trust, Transparency & Purity: Exploring Complex Biotech Issues in the Food & Nutrition Supply Chain
- How to Develop a Strong Manufacturing Relationship & Why It's Important
Social currency is seemingly more important now than ever, especially to brands and influencers in the natural products space. We chose this conference track to help brands, retailers and influencers leverage the power of the changing digital paradigm. We’ll explore strategies for choosing the right platforms, building community-driven influencer marketing strategies, telling your story online, deploying effective omni-channel marketing and harnessing your digital ROI.
- Activating Your Web Strategy: How to Overcome Common Challenges & Changing Platforms
- Using Influencer Marketing to Create an Engaged Community of Customers
- Digital Storytelling to Save the World: How Your Business Can Have True Impact
- Clicks to Bricks: Marketing to the Omni-channel Shopper
- Optimizing Your Digital Marketing Strategy with Data
Product innovation, research, and shifting consumer demands are all impacting the supplement industry. From advances in personalized nutrition research to ingredient innovations, technologies that improve transparency in our supply chain to increasing knowledge about how supplementation supports health, you’ll learn from those on the cutting edge how the nutrition industry is poised to grow and evolve in the coming years.
- The State of the Supplement Industry
- Tomorrow's Ingredients: A Forecast for What's Next
- Beyond An Idea: How to Implement Transparency in Your Supplement Business
- Optimizing Health Through Crisis with Supplements
- Technologies & Discoveries Driving Personalized Nutrition
Don’t miss out on education at Natural Products Expo West! Register for a Super Pass to experience all that Anaheim has to offer in 2018.