Third quarter of 2013:
• Net sales amounted to MSEK 24.1 (20.8).
• Operating profit totaled MSEK 4.5 (4.0).
• Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 3.7 (2.9).
• Profit after tax per share was SEK 0.41 (0.32).
• Cash flow amounted to MSEK 4.2 (neg: 1.8).
• Net sales amounted to 76.1 MSEK (73.4).
• Operating profit totaled MSEK 15.1 (14.6).
• Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 12.4 (11.4).
• Profit after tax per share was SEK 1.36 (1.25).
• Cash flow amounted to MSEK 4.1 (9.9). Probi paid dividends of MSEK 6.8 (6.8).
Information for comparative purposes
The accumulated comparative figures for the year-earlier period have been impacted by contractual changes pertaining to NextFoods and Danone. Adjusted for these changes, which totalled MSEK 6.3, net sales increased MSEK 9.0, from MSEK 67.1 to MSEK 76.1 and operating profit increased MSEK 6.8, from MSEK 8.3 to MSEK 15.1.
Significant events during the third quarter:
• Probi signed an agreement with BioLife for the distribution of Probi Digestis® in Malaysia.
• Probi signed an agreement with Botanic Pharma for the distribution of Probi Digestis in Morocco.
• Probi’s partnership with Health World in Australia was expanded to include the launch of Probi Defendum®.
• Vifor Pharma launched Probi’s digestive health capsules in the Swiss market.
”Probi reported a strong third quarter with a healthy increase in sales, improved earnings and a strong cash flow. The positive trend is primarily driven by growth in Consumer Healthcare. Net sales in this business area to date this year have risen 28 percent compared with the corresponding period in 2012. The North American market continues to account for a significant portion of this growth. The first launch through the Viva 5 partnership took place in September and more launches in the US are planned for later this year. Our gut health product has now also been launched in Switzerland in partnership with Vifor Pharma,” says Gun-Britt Fransson, interim CEO of Probi.