WASHINGTON, D.C., February 1, 2008 —The Natural Products Association is currently accepting nominations for its 2009 association awards program. Each year at Natural MarketPlace, the association’s annual trade show and convention, members and supporters gather to salute those dedicated individuals who have contributed to the association and the natural products industry. Both individuals and companies are honored in various fields of achievement including science, the environment, the legislative arena, and more.
Members and industry supporters are encouraged to submit names for any of the awards, and are welcome to nominate themselves for any awards for which they are qualified. The deadline for submitting nominations is Monday, March 31, 2008.
Nominees are being accepted for:
- Burton Kallman Scientific Award – presented to an individual for outstanding achievement in science with relevance to the natural products industry.
- President’s Award – presented to an individual or company that has made long-time contributions to industry.
- Rachel Carson Environmental Award – presented to an individual or company that has made significant contributions to the environmental community.
- Statesman/Stateswoman Award –presented to individuals outside the industry who have been an ally to the natural products industry in the political and legislative arenas.
- Natural Products Association Industry Champion Award – recognizes individuals who have made notable contributions to industry above and beyond commercial success.
- Natural Products Association Clinician Award – recognizes a licensed healthcare practitioner whose work exemplifies the best standards and dedication to responsible holistic, non-invasive and integrative/complementary/alternative-medicine modalities.
- Socially Responsible Retailer Award – presented to a retail store or stores within the industry demonstrating key aspects of social responsibility.
A nominations packet detailing each category’s criteria, previous recipients, and submission form can be found on the Natural Products Association’s Web site at www.NaturalProductsAssoc.org/AwardNominations. Nomination forms and information are also available by contacting [email protected] or calling (202) 223-0101 ext. 104 to request a packet by mail.
About The Natural Products Association
The Natural Products Association (www.NaturalProductsAssoc.org) is the nation’s largest and oldest non-profit organization dedicated to the natural products industry. The association represents more than 10,000 retailers, manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors of natural products, including foods, dietary supplements, and health/beauty aids.
# # #