"Our entire industry in food is dependent on a stable and predictable climate, so it is absolutely a [business] imperative."
—Sheila Ongie, National Co+op Grocers
Part 1: Higher level commitments
- Where retailers have the most material impact on mitigating climate change.
- Climate leadership is an important point of differentiation that can set retailers apart.
Part 2: Value propositions in sustainability
- What retailers are hearing from consumers about climate concerns.
- How retailers can give incentives to brands that are taking climate action.
Part 3: Supply chain transparency and educating consumers
- What's an ask for brands from retailers in order to step up and improve their practices?
- Crosspromotional ideas that can help communicate the message to consumers.
This session—Why Climate Matters: Retailer Roundtable—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017.