Only 15 days left and a few spaces available to register for the Botanical Ingredients Identification Workshop April 10 to 12. The three-day hands-on workshop will consist of the following:
- cGMP and FDA compliance
- Macroscopic and organoleptic characterization of botanical ingredients
- High performance thin layer chromatography (HPTLC)
- Voucher specimen preparation protocols
- Taxonomic identification
- Microscopy basics
- Retention sample storage protocols for botanical products
The cost of $750 includes all three days of course sessions, lectures, lab activities, and lunch between sessions. Instructors will be:
- Roy Upton, RH, DAyu – American Herbal Pharmacopoeia
- Dr. Eike Reich – CAMAG Laboratory
- Joe-Ann McCoy, PhD – Bent Creek Germplasm Repository at The North Carolina Arboretum
Many single day workshops cost more than $750 making this an incredible value for a 3-day hands on event. This is the first combined botanical, macroscoppic, organoleptic, TLC botanical ingredient-specific workshop to date and is a rare opportunity for quality control personnel to be cross-trained in these varying assessment techniques.
To register of for further information contact see: tinyurl.com/botan-id-series for more information and registration.