February 2019: Dark Issue IV
- Is it time to bring the #metoo movement to the natural products industry?
- Lawsuits put pressure on brands to be clearer about what’s in their products
- Are products from the natural industry as good for the earth as they are for people?
- Haze around who the real winners are from the new farm bill
- Labor issues in the supplement industry take transparency to the next level
- What’s the fix for weaknesses in distribution system exposed by California’s romaine contamination?
- Natural claims on products targeted at kids don’t help parents
- Mission-based marketing has created a new kind of consumer who is examining claims around cause, and companies need to be ready to prove their efforts are legitimate
- Issues around kratom remain unsettled, and a report about deaths associated with the questionably marketed herb are not making the situation any clearer
- Too many farmers are being left out of the success of the natural products industry, and Natural Grocers’ Alan Lewis says a more conscious supply chain could help