Sioux Natural is introducing Shug, the world's first 100 percent plant-based, low calorie sugar replacement that actually bakes and tastes just like sugar. With its revolutionary just-like-sugar performance, Shug unlocks the $10 billion baked-goods sugar-replacement market that, to date, no low-calorie substitute has been able to satisfy due to performance limitations.
Low-calorie sugar substitutes have failed time and time again to meet customer satisfaction. Nowhere is this issue more obvious than in baked goods, where differences in weight, volume, baking qualities, and aftertaste leave consumers dissatisfied. Shug solves this. As the world's first one-for one sugar-replacement, it's not only great tasting but healthy and inexpensive.
Benefits to commercial manufacturers:
- 1:1 volume and weight substitution + identical performance = a seamless transition from sugar (or HFCS) to Shug
- No allowances or reformulations necessary
- Versatile applications beyond baking
- Supports trend toward natural sugar substitutes in foods and beverages
- Sustainable, low-processing, GRAS certified ingredients
Benefits to end consumers:
- Tastes just like sugar
- Zero calorie (based on 3 g serving size)
- Safe for diabetics
- 100 percent naturally sourced
- Doesn't support cavities
- No preservatives
- No artificial ingredients
- Gluten free
- Longer shelf life
Shug is a patent pending sugar-replacement. For more information on Shug, visit getshug.com.