Food & Drug Attorney & Strategic Business Development Consultant Tony Martinez, on behalf of Global Exchange Reality Tours, is pleased to announce a trip to Cuba entitled, “ HealthCare, Nutrition, Natural Products and Agriculture in Cuba”.
This trip will focus on Healthcare, Nutrition, and Agricultural systems in Cuba. It will examine the types of medicines used in form of traditional and or alternative medicine, commerce in food and agriculture and raw materials, and how the United States can work with Cuba in these areas.
This reality tour is a great and exciting way to know of the Cuban realities, while at the same time, share in some very important facets of Cuban life.
Total costs, including airfare from Miami for the six days, five nights is approximately $2,030, (includes a nonrefundable $200 registration fee), hotel, and a tour package including entertainment, meals and transportation while in Cuba. A valid passport, payment of the registration fee in full, and an application with a short bio are needed to begin the reservation process. Your credit card will be charged the registration fee by Global Exchange with the application. Balance due will be charged approximately 30 days before departure.
IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND THIS TRIP, CONTACT TONY AT 202 250 3699 OR EMAIL.
PLEASE SEND THE ATTACHED APPLICATION WITH YOUR RESUME AND YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER, VISA OR MASTERCARD TO [email protected] OR FAX TO 202 318 2361.
The group size will be limited.
Your trip cost includes:
• Round trip from Miami to Havana
• 6 Day, 5 nights at 5 star hotel, ie. Parque Central, Hotel National, or other similar 5 star (double occupancy)
• Single Occupancy Supplement may be purchased for an additional $150 to $500 depending on availability
• Breakfast and Dinner each day at Hotel
• Transportation to and from Hotel
• Daily transportation (air conditioned) to and from defined itinerary
• Cuban Travel Visa
• Activities which are included in program activities
• A personal Guide, interpreter
• Tour leader
Your trip will include visits to
• Tour of Havana
• Day excursion to Matanzas, Varadero
• National Assembly (Cuban Congress)
• Meetings with ALIMPORT (Cuban entity that purchases US Food, Agricultural and Healthcare Products)
• Meetings with MINREX (Foreign Ministry), MINVEX (Foreign Investment)
• Meeting with Health Ministry and Cuban NIH (CENCEC)
• Meeting with leaders of complimentary and alternative medicine and visits to clinic and hospital.
• Other activities designated in itinerary
Contact information: Tony Martinez, [email protected]
Tel. 202 250 3699
Send an email to Tony Martinez indicating your intention to attend the trip with any questions or return the application and payment information. Time is of the essence. Please include the full names of the people, spouse, or significant other joining you on the trip.
SOME COMMON QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1) I AM PLANNING TO GO BUT WILL BE TRAVELING ALONE. DO I HAVE TO PAY THE SINGLE OCCUPANCY RATE? No. Simply elect the Double Occupancy rate and you can elect to share a hotel room with another member of the group. The rooms at a Five Star Hotel like the Parque Central are very spacious, and fully equipped, staffed, and serviced for the international traveler. The urls are:
2) HOW IS THIS A LEGAL TRIP TO CUBA? Under the terms of a specific license granted to Global Exchange by the U.S. Treasury Department Office of Foreign Assets Control, under a people to people and cultural/educational exchange, you are permitted to travel to Cuba legally. All these details will be spelled out for you in your travel documentation and if you have any questions, again please call me.
3) I WANT TO BRING MY SPOUSE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER. No problem. Just register them as well.
4) I AM INTERESTED IN DOING BUSINESS IN CUBA. IS THIS POSSIBLE? Yes, it is possible and legal to sell Food, Agricultural, and Medical products only. Over the past two years, several hundred million dollars of US goods in these product categories have been sold to Cuba, which were exempt from the U.S. Trade Embargo by legislation passed in the 1990s. Dietary Supplements and other natural products would fall into this category. While on this particular trip there will be no sales, you will learn in detail the Cuban perspective, interest, and details on how to do this. If you are in these businesses and are interested in moving ahead in selling your products, we can followup with you on your return and review with you U.S. regulations concerning these transactions.
5) CAN I BRING BACK CUBAN CIGARS? Many people have asked me this question. The answer is yes, you can bring back Cuban cigars legally provided you follow the regulations on licensed travel. You can bring back up to $100 in Cuban goods like cigars (ie. a box of Romeo & Julieta Number 1 Cigars goes for $55.00) , and rum (Havana Club- really good) on licensed travel, and an unlimited amount of artwork (there is some fabulous artwork to be seen and purchased there) and music (Cuba is the home of the Mambo, Cha Cha Cha, Son, and has its own flair of Salsa and other latin music)
6) I WANT TO ESTABLISH CONTACTS WITH HEALTHCARE AND OTHER PROFESSIONALS THERE. WILL THIS BE EASY TO DO? Yes.
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL TONY.