You know the people and the companies that set, and even raise, the standard in the herbal products industry. Honor them and their good work by nominating them for the American Herbal Products Association's Awards! These annual awards acknowledge individuals and organizations who make substantive, positive contributions to the herbal products industry.
The deadline to submit nominations to the 2007 AHPA Awards is this Thursday, November 30, 2006.
When the first AHPA Awards were bestowed earlier this year, AHPA honored two outstanding individuals and one excellent company:
- Staci Eisner was named as the AHPA Herbal Hero
- Norman R. Farnsworth, PhD, received the AHPA Herbal Research Award
- Nature’s Way Products, Inc. was named the AHPA Herbal Industry Leader
The award categories are:
- Herbal Hero — Individuals who make outstanding contributions to AHPA committees or initiatives. Nominees must be employed by an AHPA member company.
- Herbal Industry Leadership — Companies that set an example of outstanding business practices or organizations that work to move the industry forward above and beyond normal business practices. Nominees must be members of AHPA.
- Herbal Research Award —Companies, research institutions, academic facilities or programs of study performing outstanding research into botanicals. Nominees need not be associated with an AHPA member company.
The AHPA Awards will be presented at the annual AHPA Member Breakfast Meeting on March 8, 2007, in Anaheim, California.
Nominations must be made by AHPA members. Simply complete the brief nomination form (download at http://www.ahpa.org/Portals/0/pdfs/07_AwardForm.pdf), and fax to AHPA at 301-588-1174.
AHPA represents the core of the botanical trade -- comprised of the finest growers, processors, manufacturers and marketers of herbal products -- AHPA's mission is to promote the responsible commerce of herbal products. AHPA committees generate self-regulations to ensure the highest level of quality with respect to the way herbs are manufactured, labeled, and sold. Website: www.ahpa.org.