Bossa Nova, the Superfruit Company, has announced that the company now offers Acai Original, Acai Blueberry and Acerola Mango in a 32-ounce size at major grocery retailers, natural food stores, specialty retailers and co-ops nationwide. Consumers can now incorporate superfruit juice beverages as a refrigerator favorite for the whole family. Now that the 32-ounce bottle allows you to drink Bossa Nova as a regular healthy treat, here is a list of 32 fun ways to use 32 ounces of Bossa Nova. (Note: full recipes can be found below.)
1. Mix Acai Blueberry juice with mint and strawberries for a refreshing round of beverages at your rooftop garden party.
2. Throw a fundraiser that benefits Amazon rainforest conservation and serve Bossa Nova Acai Original, made from sustainably harvested, handpicked acai berries from the Brazilian Amazon Rainforest.
3. Take a capoeira lesson and recuperate with some Acai Original.
4. Treat your family or friends to an antioxidant-packed snack with Acai Blueberry smoothies.
5. Throw a 1960's Bossa Nova-themed party with some Bossa Nova tunes and Bossa Nova Original Acai Manhattan cocktails.
6. Mix a bowl of exotic Acerola Mango punch for a relaxing pool party.
7. Bring a bottle of Acai Blueberry on your next camping trip. It pairs well with morning pancakes cooked over an open fire. Tip: Mix in a little juice with the maple syrup for a delicious fruity accent.
8. Make a batch of Acai Blueberry sorbet for an exotic dessert from the Amazon rainforest.
9. If you are training for a 5k, 10k or marathon this fall, try swapping your recovery sports drink with a few bottles of Acai Original. Its thirst-quenching, moderately sweet taste is a perfect way to rehydrate.
10. Make some refreshing Acai Blueberry popsicles. The kids will go wild for the wild-harvested berry taste of acai.
11. Pack your suitcase with some Bossa Nova to enjoy during your stay at an eco-resort on the Brazilian coast.
12. Keep your body energized with meaningful nutrition during a long hiking trip. The antioxidants in Acai Original help protect against free radical formation in the body and maintain a healthy cardiovascular system by increasing blood flow.
13. Share a few Acai Mango milkshakes for a special tropical treat.
14. Top salads with antioxidants by adding a deliciously different Acai Original yogurt dressing.
15. Mix up your workout routine and try taking a samba dancing class. Refresh yourself while keeping in the Brazilian spirit with some Acai Original.
16. Ice a chocolate cake with pretty purple Acai Original frosting.
17. Enjoy a non-alcoholic picnic drink with some antioxidants at the park by sipping some Acai Original out of wine glasses.
18. Throw an exotic Brazilian-themed party! A few bottles of Acai Original will create an authentic vibe.
19. Make an Acai Original Halloween super punch.
20. Enjoy a sunny Saturday by biking over to your neighborhood farmer's market. You will want to replenish with Acai Original; it is moderately sweet taste is perfect on a hot day.
21. Help your fellow Pilates classmates replenish after a tough morning workout by sharing your Acerola Mango. Acerola contains a full spectrum of flavonoids and micronutrients.
22. Serve Bossa Nova Acai Original granitas for a special dessert or mid-course palate-cleanser.
23. Serve Bossa Nova Acerola Mango mimosas at an engagement party brunch.
24. Keep hydrated by sipping on a bottle of Acai Original at your Bikram yoga classes.
25. Fight the afternoon doldrums at the office by bringing in 32 ounces of Acai Original to share with your colleagues.
26. Get seven times the vitamin C of your traditional morning juice by swapping your orange juice for Bossa Nova's Acerola Mango!
27. Toast to finishing your 90-minute spin class with an antioxidant boost of Acai Original. You deserve it! Cheers!
28. Thank your body for all of its hard work on Labor Day with some antioxidant-rich Acai Original.
29. Celebrate Brazilian Independence Day with your family on September 7, with some samba dancing, Feijoada and Acai Original.
30. Celebrate Rainforest Awareness Week from October 10 -- 16 and enjoy the fruits of the rainforest with some Acai Original.
31. Invite your workout friend to an outdoor fitness challenge! Do 32 push-ups then drink to your health by sharing 32oz. of Acai Original.
32. Even though we fall back an hour in the autumn, sharing a delicious 32-oz. bottle of Acerola with Mango with the family can help us spring forward.
Bossa Nova Muddle
· Muddled mint and strawberries, enough to fill the bottom of each glass
· 2 ounces gin
· 3 ounces Bossa Nova Acai with Blueberry juice
· Squeeze of lemon
· Splash of ginger ale
Bossa Nova Manhattan
· 2 ounces Bossa Nova Acai Original
· 3/4 ounce Sweet Vermouth
· 2 1/2 ounces Bourbon
· 1 dash bitters
· Garnish with a twist of orange
Bossa Nova exotic punch
· 16 ounces Acerola Mango
· 1 (48-ounce) bottle pineapple juice
· 1 liter ginger ale
· 1 pint hulled and sliced strawberries
Bossa Nova Acai Original sorbet
· 2 cups Acai Original
· 2/3 cup white sugar
· 1 cup orange juice
· Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
Follow your ice cream-machine's instructions.
Acerola Mango milkshake
· 1 fresh mango, cut into pieces (alternatively use 1 cup frozen mango)
· 3/4 cup skim milk
· 7 ounces frozen vanilla yogurt
· 1/2 cup Acerola Mango juice
Acai with Blueberry smoothie
· 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
· 1/2 cup of blueberry or plain yogurt
· 1/2 a frozen banana
· 1/2 cup Acai with Blueberry juice
Bossa Nova Acai Original salad dressing
· 3 ounces Acai Original
· 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
· 1 squeeze of lime
· a..." cup olive oil
· 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
Bossa Nova Acai Original frosting
· 1 1/2 cups Acai Original juice
· 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
· 1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
· 1 a..." cup powdered sugar
Heat Acai Original juice over low heat on a stovetop, and reduce to about a third. Allow to cool. Place butter into electric mixer bowl and beat on medium speed for one minute until creamy. Add the cream cheese and continue to mix for two more minutes, turning the speed down to low and slowly adding in the powdered sugar. Stir until mixed. Fold in the acai juice reduction until evenly mixed then ice your cake!
Halloween super punch
· 8 cups light rum
· 4 cups of Acerola Mango
· 1 bottle of champagne
· 1/2 bottle of Sweet Vermouth
Pour the rum, Acerola Mango and vermouth in a large punch bowl over a block of ice. Stir well, then add the champagne. Garnish with sliced lime and serve in punch cups. Serves 32.
Bossa Nova granita
· 5 1/2 cups Acai Original
· Sprigs of mint
Pour the Acai Original juice into an 8 x 12 x 2-inch roasting pan that allows the juice to spread out to about 1-inch deep. Place the juice and serving glasses in the freezer. Remove the juice from the freezer after 30 minutes and scrape and stir with a fork to break up the ice. Return to the freezer and freeze until solid, about 2 to 3 hours, scraping with fork every hour or so.
If the granita freezes too hard, leave the pan out at room temperature until it softens enough to be scraped again with a fork. When ready, scoop the granita into chilled cups and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Bossa Nova Mimosas
· 1/2 ounce Bossa Nova Acai Original
· 3 ounces Champagne
For a non-alcoholic version, replace the champagne with sparkling apple cider.
About Bossa Nova
The Bossa Nova Superfruit Juice Company researches, explores and delivers nature's most potent superfruits. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Calif., Bossa Nova introduced its antioxidant-rich acai juice in the North American market in 2005. In 2008, Bossa Nova broadened its product line to include 10 total superfruit flavors: Acai Original, Acai Blueberry, Acai Mango, Acerola Mango, Acai Passionfruit, Acai Raspberry, Acerola Red Peach, Mangosteen Passionfruit, Mangosteen Dragonfruit, and Goji Berry Tart Cherry. Beverages Holdings, LLC, acquired Bossa Nova in 2009, enabling the company to take advantage of its world-class supply chain and manufacturing practices. Available in 10-oz. and 32-oz. bottles, Bossa Nova superfruit juice beverages are calorie-conscious and lightly sweetened with low-glycemic agave. For more information, including where to purchase Bossa Nova products, please visit www.bossausa.com. Become a Facebook fan at www.facebook.com/BossaNova.